October 26, 2012
The oppressed people of Ethiopia have spent years of painful struggle against alien’s domination and dictatorship. To this end the struggle of the Sidama and Oromo people have already costed countless life and a great deal of material destruction.
Based on this foundation and fact, we the Youth Representative of Oromo and Sidama people, have meet from 24 – 26 October 2012 and discussed on wide range of matters concerning our people and the need for a common struggle against common enemy. We have noted the current TPLF government’s deliberate impoverishment, looting, exiling, confiscation of land and unlawful imprisonment being unleashed against the Oromo and Sidama people. After long deliberation, we have agreed on the need to keep the struggle inherited from our struggle’s hero and the need to realise them.
Accordingly we have agreed:
- To work together to realise our freedom and democratic rights, which we have lost during the absolute dictatorship of the consecutive Ethiopian regimes.
- To work in partnership on the pressing issues of the Oromo and Sidama People.
- To be a global voice for the other voiceless and oppressed people of Ethiopia.
- To work with other oppressed people of Ethiopia.
- To building an able structure with in the regime’s rank and files and increasing the enlightenment level of other citizens, until inherent and democratic right of the people are restored.
- To work with, train and enrol our people of different background and diverse age group for the just cause of our people.
- To work on breaking information barrier of the regime and inform our people and the public at large on the right time.
- To establish an able communication structure and keep our promise to finally realise the freedom of our people.
Finally, the joint leadership have agreed on a prompt communication, coordinated resistance and toppling the current Ethiopian dictatorial government.
The Struggle Shall Continue!!! Oppressors Will Fall!!!
Oppressed People Will Continue Their Struggle For Self Determination!!!
National Oromo Youth Movement (QEERROO)
Sidama Youth Movement
October 26, 2012 (Sidama
Afaan Oromoon:- Ibasa Ejjennoo Dargaggoota Sidaamaa fi Dargaggoota Oromoo(Oro)
Afaan Amaaraan:-Oromo and Sidama Youth Joint Statement-Amharic (1)
Afaan Ingiliziin:- Joint Press Release Sidama and Oromo National Youth Movement