OROMO WOMEN NATIONAL UNION FOR LIBERATION (OWN-UL)
August 21, 2013
Due to the harsh and increasing oppression of the Ethiopian government; the social, political and economical problems has reached an unprecedented level in the country. As a prime target and ongoing victim of genocide, the Oromo people have to double its effort in stepping up its struggle. Taking in to account the aforementioned facts; we the Oromo Women from all corners of Oromiya, have decided to stand together and deliver our responsibility in addressing the pressing human right issues of our people under the name and logo indicated above.
- Whereas, the government act of unjustified imprisonment under terrorism law, exiling and killing of citizens demanding human right issues are intolerable;
- Whereas, it has become important to document and expose the successive Ethiopian government horrendous crime against Oromo women;
- Whereas, societal problems of unemployment and cost of living are unbearable and increasingly severe by the day
- Whereas, the Oromo are left with no other option but to step up its struggle to achieve the right to self determination for the Oromiya and other nations in the country,
- Whereas, it is necessary to work in an organized manner to build on the ongoing contribution of Women in the Oromo struggle for self determination and freedom and to learn from other nations who achieved their goal;
- Whereas, it is crucial to air the voice of the Oromo and other oppressed nations suffering under the brutal EPRDF government, to the international communities through medias;
- Whereas, it has become an urgent matter to put the facts straight and counter the false propaganda of the government about the Oromo which has recently been intensified to crush the struggle of our people,
- Whereas, it has become necessary to stand with National Youth Movement for Freedom And Democracy, QEERROO and to organize the share of women in this effort
- Whereas, the ongoing environmental destruction, displacement, imprisonment, exiling, killing and genocide against the Oromo and other oppressed nations in the country has necessitated an organized counter offensive against the oppressor.
Accordingly, to play our role in the ongoing struggle, we hereby declare the establishment of our union. By enhancing the performance of this organization and partnering with other like minded groups, we vow to struggle for our cause and declare our readiness to pay any sacrifice it may take.
We will realize our struggle and our right!!!
Victory for the Oromo!!!
Oromo Women National Union for Liberation
Oromo Women National Union for Liberation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org